Peloton is one of the most revere fitness brands, and one of the primary reasons behind that is their supreme range of workout bikes. Their bikes, though heavily priced, are superior in functionality and built. The cost is worth it as the user can always rely on the bikes to provide a vital and reliable workout.
But there are some common issues that keep nagging the users and hamper their workouts. One such problem is the Peloton toe cages getting stuck to the Peloton pedals. Let us focus on that and find out how to negate the issue.
Peloton Pedal Cages And Their Utility
The Peloton bikes are provided with toe cages that fit into the pedal and attach firmly so that the leg movement while cycling remains smooth and effective for muscle training. But sometimes, these toe cages do not remove even after removing our feet from them. This is how we can overcome the situation effectively.
Steps On How To Remove Peloton Toe Cages
- Move the Peloton pedal cage where the toe cage is stuck to a 12 o’clock position. It must be at the top of its round.
- Turn the resistance knob clockwise to the right as much as you can. This will immobilize the pedal.
- Turn over the pedal so that the side of the toe cage is facing down.
- Locate the tension screw at the bottom
- You need to use the 3mm hex key to fix the tension screw and turn it counterclockwise by one turn. Make sure you do not overturn it, or else the pedal could break.
- Turn the pedal back as it was with the cage facing down.
- Put your thumb over the Peloton logo and grip the back of the pedal firmly. Use the other hand to pry off the toe cage. You might need to exert considerable force to do this.
- Tighten the tension screw by turning it one turn clockwise. Do not put the toe cage back again before tightening the tension screw properly.
- Ensure that you are using a 3 mm hex key and nothing else. Do not use something that does not fit into the screw. This might damage the screw entirely and render the Peloton pedal cages.
- Do not turn the screw more than one revolution while loosening or tightening it. One turn would be sufficient in achieving the desired result.
- Prying off the toe cage might take a bit of force. Do not hesitate to exert more pressure if required. Just ensure it is in the proper direction.
Peloton Bikes are very popular and renowned worldwide due to their superior quality built and top of the shelf functionality. It is one of the most sought after bikes for workout purposes and deservedly so. One of the most common issues that users face while removing the toe cages off the Peloton pedal cages is that the cages get stuck. This can be solved by following the proper technique of removal, as described in the article.